Apple iPad Pro, a huge tablet with a 12.9-inch display with a resolution of 2732 x 2048 pixels has been announced at its event.
It has a new A9X, Apple’s 3rd generation 64-bit chip with 2x memory bandwidth, 2x storage performance and 1.8x faster performance than the A8X in the Air 2. It is just 6.9mm thick, which is just 0.8mm thicker compared to the iPad Air 2. It weighs 712 grams, slightly heavier than the first iPad.
It can even run AutoCAD smoothly at 60fps, says Apple. It promises 10-hours of battery life. Apple also showed a physical keyboard for the iPad Pro that uses a new Smart Connector on the tablet that carries power and data to the keyboard. There is also Apple Pencil that has highly responsive sensors built into the tip for pressure, tilt and stroke.
Apple iPad Pro specifications
- 12.9 inch Fully laminated Retina Display with 2732 x 2048 resolution at 264 ppi
- A9X chip with 3rd gen 64-bit architecture and M9 motion coprocessor
- Dimensions: 305.7x 220.6 x 6.9mm; Weight: 713 grams (WiFi) and 723 grams (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- 32GB/128GB variants
- iOS 9
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Barometer
- Four speaker audio
- 8 MP iSight camera, f/2.4 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 1.2MP HD front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- 38.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery with up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
The Apple iPad Pro comes in Silver, Space Gray, and Gold. It is priced at $799 for the 32GB version, $949 for 128GB and $1079 for the 128GB for WiFi + LTE variant. It’ll be available in November. The Smart Keyboard costs $169 and the Apple Pencil is priced at $99.