Blackberry is springing surprises with the latest Blackberry Priv Launcher app and several other major updates. The app is specially designed for Blackberry’s first Android phone named as Priv. After Facebook and WhatsApp ditched Blackberry OS, BB users must have felt isolated in the smartphone space. But with a typical twist on security and productivity – a strategy that, according to its loyal fans, it should have pursued from the start – and a strong reiterated commitment to BlackBerry developer community, they are back with a bang!
The Blackberry Priv launcher app is designed after the curved Quad HD display, high-res 18 MP camera with OIS, big battery, and the signature physical keyboard BlackBerry Priv, a Blackberry Android Slider phone that can take on any of today’s Androids. So we are sure that BB fans, who have been longing for such a flagship for years now, might be already lining up.
Still, you might want to test-drive the Priv’s interface look and custom apps first – after all, it’s an Android handset with BB services on it, so if you have been asking your self “how you can try the BlackBerry Priv experience on your current phone”, worry nomore. This article is for you.
With all the vibes on latest updates oon the BB OS – 5 important Blackberry Priv updates in March, 2016, and the updated BBM For Blackberry with all Privacy and Control features free, which you don’t want to miss out in, we shall be looking at How To Turn Your Android into a Blackberry Priv with all the BB Android phone packages included: wallpaper, launcher, keyboard, BB Services.
The launcher has three tabs such as Apps, Widgets and Shortcuts. BlackBerry Priv launcher works on both rooted and non-rooted Android devices running Android 5.0+ Lollipop. Those running Android 6.0 can also use it as BlackBerry has confirmed that Android 6.0 Marshmallow will be rolling out to the Priv by late April, early May.
To make the Priv launcher work, you first need to install BlackBerry Priv Services app; it is like Google Play Services. [highlight color=”yellow”]Here’s what you need to do[/highlight]
How To Install BlackBerry Priv Launcher + Apps to Your Android Device
1. First things first – BlackBerry is famed for its keyboards, physical or virtual, and, since you can’t replicate the tactile physical one on the Priv, the next best thing is to download and install the on-screen Blackberry Priv keyboard APK file. It doesn’t require root or the BB Launcher, so fire at will, sideload and see if you like it;
2. Next up – download and install the BlackBerry Services APK file. These are required if you want anything else, like the launcher or calendar, to work afterwards;
3. Download and install the BB Launcher – it has been found to be a simple and clean Android take, with some unique BlackBerry twists and turns, like Pop-up widgets;
4. What will be a stock launcher without the stock wallpaper we’ve embedded above. Just grab it and install as your default wall – it spans a couple of homescreens to boot, and is best for, surprise, surprise – phones with QHD resolution;
5. Download and install the BlackBerry Calendar – another one of the must-have BB productivity apps, the calendar lets you take a glimpse at upcoming appointments by swiping down on any of the BB Hub lists.
Granted, you can’t achieve the absolute synergy of hardware and software encryption that only the Priv offers (for this, you have to get the actual handset), but if you want to preview what will be in store for you with BlackBerry’s latest and greatest, using the stock apps above, you can turn your Android into a Blackberry Priv.
Done yours? share your experience below!