Leading telecommunications service provider, Airtel Nigeria, In its quest to drive innovation and provide convenience for its customers at all times, has partnered with mobile banking and e-services provider, eTranzact, to launch a mobile service which gives Airtel customers the option of buying airtime directly from their bank accounts. This brings a new level of convenience to Airtel customers as it addresses the difficulties associated with airtime top up.
The new mobile service, tagged Smart TopUp, is the first of its kind in Nigeria, which provides Airtel customers to register multiple bank accounts and then purchase airtime by selecting any registered bank account of their choice, using just one code: *444*.[irp]
Why you Need Airtel Smart TopUp Service
This service is unique because of the following reasons:
- It does not require customer visiting the bank to pre-register any of his/her bank accounts
- Internet connection is not required.
- Dialing the USSD code is free
- All customers’ need to do is dial just one code, *444*Amount# to register and start buying airtime at their convenience.
- The service is accessible through any type of phone.
- Customers can register on this service using multiple accounts from banks, which are available on the service.
Is Airtel Smart TopUp Secure?
Yes! It is a secure service provided in partnership with eTransact, whose operations presently spans Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Cote d’Ivoire, and UK and is currently expanding operations to more and more countries in the world.
Which Banks Supports Airtel Smart TopUp?
The banks that supports Airtel Smart TopUp as at the time of writing the article include Access Bank, Diamond Banks, Fidelity Bank, Enterprise Bank, FCMB, Heritage Bank and Jaiz Bank. Others are Skye Bank, Union Bank and Unity Bank.
The Chief Marketing Officer of Airtel Nigeria, Maurice Newa, noted that plans were in place to add more banks to the service[irp]
How to Use Airtel Smart TopUp
To top up your mobile phones from anywhere in Nigeria without difficulties using this Smart TopUp, here is the guide.
- On your phone, dial *444*amount# and you should get a menu asking you to choose the bank you wish to buy Airtime with. If your bank is not listed on the first menu, select 8 to open up the next page with more bank options.
After selecting the Bank you wish to use, you should get another prompt to enter your bank account details. Now, this should be the same bank account number you have with the selected bank.
- After entering your bank account number, simply press send and you will asked to enter the desired amount of Airtime you want to top up.
Airtel Smart TopUp is a convenient way to buy Airtime any time of the day without you leaving the comfort of your home. Unlike using quickteller app or ATM where you are charged N100, this process is FREE. You can try it out and let us know what you think using the comment box below.