Repairing or Changing the IMEI of an android MTK devices like MTK 6577 / 6575 , MediaTek MTK6592 / MTK6753 android devices, e.g:- Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, and few others and this post will show you how to do it using Chamelephon apk.
Their are several other methods on how to change an android imei and the MTK Engineering Mode method that does not involve rooting but this method is unique for two reasons:
- Works perfectly on android phones running on Google’s latest Android 6 (Marshmallow).
- Provides One-Click process, making it the easiest method.
DISCLAIMER: Use with caution; Changing of IMEI is illegal in some countries, and I will not be held responsible for any consequences that befall the changer. Although if all steps are followed correctly, then it should work.
What is IMEI:
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15- or 17-digit code that uniquely identifies mobile phone sets. The IMEI code can enable a GSM (Global System for Mobile communication) or UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service) network to prevent a misplaced or stolen phone from initiating calls.
Why Change Android Phone IMEI?
Below are some of the reasons you may want to change the IMEI number of your android phone.
- Null, invalid imei message you get on your screen when you try checking your phone imei.
- Android phone not been able to register to network hence unable to make phone calls.
- To use Glo bis on your Android phone.
- To get free megabytes allocated to newly launched phones on your device without having to buy them (what we call tweaking).
Requirement For Using Chamelephon Apk
- You require ROOT ACCESS to use this application. Luckily, their are various easy steps to root mos device. Click here to get instructions on how to root your phone.
- You may also want to backup your Android phone using flashify app incase you run into a brick (most unlikely anyways. Get the process HERE.
- You will need to get a valid imei number. For those who want to use Glo/Airtel/MTN/Etisalat blackberry service on android device, get GIPv4.1, a blackberry imei generator HERE. Otherwise, dial *#06# to copy out your original imei or locate it on the back of the phone after taking out the battery.
How To Repair/Fix/Change Null/Invalid Imei With Chamelephon
- Download and install Chamelephon from Play Store.
- Launch and grant Chamelephon Super User privileges by tapping Grant.
- You should now be in the home screen. Input the correct IMEIs and click Apply New IMEIs. Note that you can either change the IMEI of either SIM 1 or SIM independently or Change both at the same time.
- Once prompted to confirm changing of IMEI, tap Change.
- You will get a prompt to reboot the phone to effect the imei change.
- Reboot the phone.
Now, go ahead and confirm the new IMEI number by dialing *#06#. There you go! Your mobile device now have a new imei and you can go ahead and enjoy your phone once again.