Android IMEI can now be changed on MTK devices without rooting using MTK Engineering Mode APP. You can also Repair an Android IMEI using this procedure. Android MTK devices like MTK 6577 / 6575 , MediaTek MTK6592 / MTK6753 android devices, e.g:- Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, etc and this post will show you how to do it using MTK Engineering Mode.
In how last two articles, we looked at how to change any android imei including samsung mobile phones and others that are not MTK using various method. We have also looked at the special Android APP called Chamelophon and how it can be used to change an Android IMEI. Today, we shall focus on MTK Engineering Mode APP.
DISCLAIMER: Use with caution; Changing of IMEI is illegal in some countries, and I will not be held responsible for any consequences that befall the changer. Although if all steps are followed correctly, then it should work.
What is IMEI:
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15- or 17-digit code that uniquely identifies mobile phone sets. The IMEI code can enable a GSM (Global System for Mobile communication) or UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service) network to prevent a misplaced or stolen phone from initiating calls.
Why Change Android Phone IMEI?
Below are some of the reasons you may want to change the IMEI number of your android phone.
- Null, invalid imei message you get on your screen when you try checking your phone imei.
- Android phone not been able to register to network hence unable to make phone calls.
- To use Glo bis on your Android phone.
- To get free megabytes allocated to newly launched phones on your device without having to buy them (what we call tweaking).
Requirement For Using MTK Engineering Mode Apk
- ROOT ACCESS is not required!
- You may also want to backup your Android phone using flashify app in case you run into a brick (most unlikely anyways). Get the process HERE.
- You will need to get a valid imei number. For those who want to use Glo/Airtel/MTN/Etisalat blackberry service on android device, get GIPv4.1, a blackberry imei generator HERE. Otherwise, dial *#06# to copy out your original imei or locate it on the back of the phone after taking out the battery.
How To Repair/Fix/Change Null/Invalid Imei With MTK Engineering Mode
- Download and install MTK Engineering Mode from Play Store.
- Launch the MTK Engineering Mode app. You should now be in the home screen.
- Select “MTK Settings” and this will open up another Telephony settings but this is not where we want to work on. Swipe to the right to reveal the connectivity page and select CDS Information.
- After clicking on CDS information, it should reveal the Common Data Services page. Now locate Radio Information and click on it.
- This will take you to where you will select the sim you want to change it’s IMEI. If your phone has dual SIM space, there will be two options for you, select either PHONE/SIM 1 or PHONE/SIM 2 depending on the SIM’s imei you want to change and preceed.
- You can now change the IMEI number by editing where u see AT+
- In front of the AT+, type E and a pop up showing EGMR=**,””
- Select AT+EGMR=1,7″” if you want to change that of phone/sim 1 OR AT+EGMR=1,10,”” if you want to change that of phone/sim 2.
- Insert the generated IMEI from GIPv4.1 and insert it between the semi-colon like this:
- Check that your IMEI is 15 digits, once confirmed, click to send.
Now, go ahead and confirm the new IMEI number by dialing *#06#.
NOTE: If your Android is running the latest versions 4.4.2 and above, insert a space between AT and + before you click send. ie AT +EGMR=1,7”9100***********”.[highlight color=”red”]IMPORTANT TIP![/highlight] This method does not work on Android 6.0 marshmallow devices. The AT+ command will not show after selecting sim. So, use the Chamelephon APP as method to change the IMEI of devices running marshmallows.
There you go! Your mobile device now have a new imei and you can go ahead and enjoy your phone as desired once again.