Sometimes, we keep our mobile somewhere in our house and totally forget about the exact location it was kept then we are faced with the trouble to find it out. It is a common problem with all mobile users because to find a lost phone on silent mode is not an easy task to solve. We will learn in this article, how to find a lost Android and iOS phone in your house.
When i lost my phone in my house, the easy way that comes to my mind is to keep calm and try to memorize where i last saw it, or who i was discussing with the last used it. I’d come back to that place and start my search there. Some people will alternatively, call their carrier service and ask them if they provide a GPS finding support for their cellphone. If you are not interested in long procedure, then try the below method.[irp]
Is it possible to Find a Lost Phone on Silent?
To find an ordinary phone may be impossible, but if you have a Smartphone like Android or iPhone, then you can easily get it. The only condition is that your Smartphone must be connected with a data connection or your home Wi-Fi network.
How to Find a Lost Android Phone on Silent
Android is one of the popular mobile operating systems and thanks to Google’s Android Device Manager, which helps to find a lost phone at home. Let’s know how it works?
- Open any browser on your computer and got to Android Device Manager Page or simply type Find My Phone on Google.com
- Login with you the Gmail account, which is associated with your Android device.
- After login, you’ll see the list of devices which are connected with your account.
- Select the lost device and you’ll get Ring, Lock and Erase option.
- Now click on “Ring” button and confirm the confirmation box.
- Done! 😀
After few seconds, your device will ring at its full volume despite it being silent. Try listening to hear your familiar ringtone and locate your lost phone easily.
Android device manager is a free app by Google, which is available on Google Play Store and comes with pre-installed on some Android device. If you don’t have this app, then download it now. You can setup it by going Settings >> Security >> Device administrators.[pb-app-box pname=’com.google.android.apps.adm’ name=’Android Device Manager’ theme=’discover’
How to Find Lost iPhone on Silent
Before you can locate a lost iPhone on silent, make sure that you had turned on “Find my iPhone”option in your phone’s settings. So, it is advisable all iOS users get the feature turned on so as to be at an advantage. If yes, then follow the below instruction.
- Go to www.icloud.com on your computer and sign into your account.
- Now click on “Find my iPhone” icon.
- Click on “All Devices” in the center top and select your lost device which you want to find.
- Now click on “Play sound” button.
- That’s it.
These two are the easy way to find a lost phone on silent mode when you are at home. If you are outside, then this procedure may not work for you.