Google just announced the Nexus 5X smartphone made by LG. It is the successor of the Nexus 5 that was introduced back in 2013.
It has a 5.2-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 12.3-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back for secured lock and payments using Android pay. Google is calling it Nexus Imprint, which recognizes a fingerprint in less that 600 milliseconds. It also lets you wake your phone and unlock apps. It has 2GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage without expansion slot and a 2700mAh built-in battery. It also has reversible USB Type-C port. It has always-on Google Now feature that works even when the screen is off.
LG Nexus 5X specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 ( 4x 1.44GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Single nano SIM
- 12.3MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55 micron sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Laser Auto focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 146.9mm x 72.5 x 9.7mm; Weight: 136g
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 2700mAh battery
The Google Nexus 5X comes in Carbon Black, Quartz White and Ice Blue colors and is priced at $379 for the 16GB version and $429 for the 32GB version. It will be available for pre-order through the Google Store in the U.S., UK, Ireland and Japan starting from today and ships in October.