In other guides, we have looked at how to root Infinix Hot 2 (Infinix X510) running on Android 5.1 Lollipop for those who just bought that device newly, how to fix bugs that came with the initial marshmallow OTA updates, and how to install the more recent March Infinix HOT 2 marshmallow OTA via flashable zip using SP flash tool or right on your SD Card. Today, we shall be looking at the procedure on how to root Infinix Hot 2 running marshmallow after OTA update.
It is important to know that, If you just got your Infinix Hot 2 out of the box and have not done any form of OTA update, simply use the more simpler click app method detailed HERE.
If after buying Infinix Hot 2, you have done any form of OTA update or you find yourself running Marshmallow update, the mobile (Kingroot Click app) method above will not work for you. Using the method below is a sure way to get your infinix Android phone rooted.[irp]
- A Laptop (PC)
- Infinix Hot 2 on Android 6.0
- Recovery Enabler
- SUPER SU for Marshmallow
- Xposed Framework for Marshmallow (Optional)
- SP or Infinix Flash Tool
- Your Brain
How do I root the Infinix Hot 2 X510 running on Marshmallow?
- Place BETA-SU-2.66.zip and xposed-v79-arm-sdk23.zip in your Internal/External SD Card.
- Install MT65xx/VCOM Drivers. See guide here
- Download and Extract Infinix Flash Tool, TWRP Recovery, Recovery Enabler (place folders in your desired location)
- Open Infinix Flash Tool, click on browse and navigate to folder containing Recovery Enabler, select MT6580_Android_Scatter file and click start.
- Connect your phone to your PC (battery removed)
- Reboot after flashing.
- Do the same process for TWRP Recovery but do not reboot after flashing. Boot straight to Recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button combination.
- Flash SuperSU
- On reboot, TWRP Prompts a message that SuperSU is not installed and asks to install it. Do not accept. Hit the back button and reboot normally.
- Install Root Checker to verify Root;
- You should see a message like in the image below
Will I lose any data (like contacts) during the above rooting procedures?
Will I lose any data (like contacts) during the above rooting and unrooting procedures? No you wont. The above techniques deal with only the recovery and system partitions, not the data partition. Only things placed or installed in /system will be removed. If you would like to backup (contacts, SMS, calendar etc) anyway then simply follow the guide on using Titanium Backup.
Can I Unroot Infinix Hot 2?
Yes you can. For the full guide on how to unroot infinix Hot 2 running on Android 6.0 (marshmallow), follow this link
Can I Change IMEI of Infinix Hot 2?
Yes! You can change the IMEI number to any desired, especially those seeking to use Glo BIS or use Airtel BIS on Android. Peharps you simply want to fix or repair your IMEI, this method will work just fine. Also the rooting will make you enjoy your phone to the fullest. See full guide here.