Link to the latest Infinix HOT 2 marshmallow OTA flashable zip files is now available. The update started rolling out Early March but unfortunately, the update is rolling out in batches and slowly. But if you can’t wait to get the update from device settings, the OTA URL link is now available for you to manually flash into your HOT 2 Android Smartphones. Thanks to iAmWiz of Guruslodge.
With this fresh Android security patch level update been rolled out, Infinix HOT 2 users can now get all bugs in their phones fixed. I believe the feedback from Infinix Hot x510 users so far has gotten to the ears of Infinixmobilityteam and i was excited when i woke up on March 1st to see the OTA update prompt.
Well, already fed up with the lagging and dragging experience, i decided to give it another shot. And here we are! 29 days later i am glad to announce to you that my Infinix Hot 2 has got it’s groove back. I installed mine first week of March and i fell in love all over again with my device 😀 .
ATTENTION! THIS IS NOT FOR INFINIX HOT 2 USERS ON INFINIX’S XUI. THIS UPDATE IS FOR THE ANDROID ONE ROM. YOU MUST BE ON DECEMBER BUILD. IT IS REALLY NECESSARY. CHECK IF YOUR BUIKD NUMBER IS X510-D5110-Androidone-20151208INFINIX HOT 2 MARSHMALLOW OTA DOWNLOAD LINK
Infinix HOT 2 marshmallow OTA Update: What’s New?
- RAM booster button on home screen
- Beautiful Wake Up Screen Display While on Charge.
- Must be on a NON ROOTED ROM
- Must have STOCK recovery, NOT custom revovery
Before You Upgrade… Do this;
- In case you are rooted, kindly unroot your device before you upgrade it in order to avoid stories that touch.
- If you have your back up documents in your SDcard, leave your SDcard inside your smartphone while you perform the upgrade or else your documents/files won’t display once the update is done without the SDcard inside your phone.
How to Flash:
You can flash this new update using your SD Card or by using SP Flash tools.
SD Card Flashing
- Download the zip file.
- Rename it to update.zip
- Place it on the root of your SD Card (it shouldn’t be in any folder)
- Power off your phone
- Hold Volume Up + Power Button
- Release power button and tap volume up once you see the “Infinix” Logo
- It will show you a dead Android robot with a red sign
- Press Volume Up or Volume down (device dependent) to get into the stock recovery
- Scroll down with Volume button to “Apply Update from SD Card”
- Scroll down to the update.zip and select with the Power Button.
- Install, and once installation is done, reboot your system and wait for system to start.
SP Flash Tools method
After downloading the needed files, kindly proceed by using the tutorial located here
Please, if you are rooted and want to install this update, you need to Flash back your stock ROM with SP Flash Tools or Infinix Flash Tool to get this update working.
If you don’t want to flash, simply switch On and use WiFi or use your networks data connection to get the update. And, in case you have gotten yours, why not share your experience?