Mediatek Vcom drivers are very important for Android MTK devices as they give support to installing of firmware, rooting, or flashing the files in MTK phones like MTK 6577 / 6575 , MediaTek MTK6592 / MTK6753 android devices, e.g:- Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, etc. If your Windows PC is on latest Windows 10 Aniversary Update, use this other guide.
Without the needed drivers being installed on your windows PC, flashing your MediaTek phone using SP flashy tools or any other recommended tool might not work out properly as expected.
In this tutorial, RUBIZTECH.COM will be guiding you through the process on how to install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on Windows vista, windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 and for installing the MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Driver on Windows 10 (Technical Preview).
10 Quick Steps To Install MediaTek VCOM Drivers on Windows PC
1. Download from the link given below and extract the folder to your desktop
2. Go to Control Panel and search for Device manager.
3. After that, click on any driver group, then click on Action >> Add legacy hardware.
4. Pop-up showing “Welcome to the Hardware wizard” displays, click Next.
5. Another interface of the wizard screen comes, and then selects second option – Install the hardware that i manually select from the list (Advanced) – to install hardware manually.
6. Another screen will show as seen in the image below. Make you leave it on Show All Devices, then Click Next.
7. Once you get to the next screen, select and click on Have Disk.
8. After that, install from disk, simply browse and locate the folder you extracted the downloaded files to in step 1, and open the Drivers >> USB VCOM driver >> then select your operating system. If your operating system is 32bit, select the usb2ser_Win7 file but if 64bit, select usb2ser_Win764 .Inf file. This applies to all windows OS – windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 or windows 10.
9. Now, getting to the next screen, select MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port and click Next and getting to another screen, click Next.
10. The installation process will take few seconds, and after installation click Finish.
DONE. Mediatek VCOM drivers is now installed on your windows PC. You can now head to your flashing tools and perform task you wished to. If you have any problem, feel free to share via comment section.