Asus Zenfone Go appeared on the official Asus India website and Flipkart last month. Today the company has launched the smartphone in the country.
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, Regional Head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India, said:
We are excited to announce the availability of ZenFone Go for our Indian users. Being the third largest home to smartphone users, India is a critical market for us and we intend to bring cutting edge products to consumers here, who seek power packed design sensibilities of a high-end smartphone at competitive prices.
The Zenfone Go packs a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6580 SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has dual SIM support, but it has only 3G connectivity and lacks 4G LTE support.
It has 2GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage with expansion slot. There is also a 16GB variant, but it is not clear when the company is planning to launch it.
Asus Zenfone Go (ZC500TG)
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580 processor with Mali 400MP2 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 71×144.5×9.98mm; Weight: 135g
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2070 mAh battery
The Asus Zenfone Go comes in Pure Black, Ceramic White and Glamour Red colors and is priced at Rs. 7,999 ($120). It will be available at ASUS exclusive outlets, all leading retail stores and Flipkart starting from yesterday.