To root Infinix Note 2 x600 devices is now possible especially to all infinix Note 2 users who have upgraded their device to the latest Marshmallow 6.0 OS.
Just like what we did when we looked at How to root infinix Hot 2 (Infinix X510 on marshmallow), It is important to know that, If you just got your Infinix Note 2 out of the box and have not done any form of OTA update, simply use the click app method we used for hot 2 detailed HERE.
Disclaimer: You’re doing it at your own risk and I won’t be held responsible in case you eventually brick your device or lose your warranty.
Precedure To Root Infinix Note 2 X600 Running On Marshmallow 6.0
1. Install VCOM drivers on your PC. (Click here for installation Guide).
2. Download SuperSU.zip from HERE
3. Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
4. Download Clockwokmod recovery (CWM) for Infinix Note 2 Marshmallow ported by Team Hovatek HERE
5. Switch-off the device completely (still with battery inside)
6. Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool.
7. After successfully flashing Clockwokmod recovery, boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button.
8. In Clockworkmod recovery mode, use the Volume up button to scroll up, Volume down button to scroll down and Power button to select. So, scroll down to “Install zip” and select it Select.
9. Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1 and navigate to where you put SuperSu.zip and select it.
10. Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
11. Wait till flashing is complete
12. After flashing is done, return to the recovery main menu (using the back option) then select Reboot.
13. If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
That’s it, your Infinix Note 2 x600 running on Android 6.0 marshmallow OS has now been rooted. To confirm root access, download and install root Checker from Google Play Store.