How to Root Tecno Camon C8 Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow is the next step after many Tecno Camon C8 users must have upgraded their Tecno phones to the latest OS running on Android 6.0. Maybe you have tried the latest version of KingRoot Apk to get root access but failed due to the unavailability of suitable root strategy. Fortunately, Team Hovatek have succeeded in porting the CWM for Tecno camon C8 (Android 6.0) with full root access and in this tutorial, the full guide is made available.
There a several reasons to root your smartphone that is why as always, we must remind you that rooting does come with some risks and you have to know reasons not to root your phone. Of course, i am not discouraging you but helping you make sure you know what you are doing. If you have considered both options and feel the need to root your Tecno Camon C8, then proceed.[irp]
Requirements to Root Tecno Camon C8
- Mediatek VComm Drivers.
- Super SU
- CWM for Tecno Camon C8 Marshmallow ported by Team Hovatek
Installing Mediatek VCOM Driver
Mediatek Vcom drivers are very important for Android MTK devices as they gives support to installation of firmware, rooting, or flashing the files in MTK phones like MTK 6577 / 6575, MediaTek MTK6592 / MTK6753 android devices, e.g:- Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, etc
- Download it Mediatek VCOM Driver here
- Extract the downloaded vcom driver on your PC and follow this guide with pictures on how to install it.
Root Tecno Camon C8 Running on Android 6.0
First, you will need to download the required files to perform the rooting process. Thereafter, you can use your PC with SP flash tools or without PC using the phones SDcard. Let’s proceed:
- Download SuperSU.zip and save it to your phone SD card (download it here)
- Download the ported CWM for Tecno C8 Android 6.0 by Team hovatek here
- Unzip the CWM zip file and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP flash tool ( You can download SP Flash tool here)
How Can I Flash it Using SP Flash Tool (requires PC)
See the full guide here
How Can I Flash it Using SDcard (without PC)
- Boot the phone into recovery mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button for 5 seconds)
- In cwm recovery, choose install zip from sdcard– to choose zip from sdcard use vol up and down scroll either up or down respectively. Then choose the SuperSU.zip file from the root of your sdcard.
Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.
- If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
- Done. 😀
You are now rooted! To be fully sure your Tecno C8 is rooted, download root checker to verify your root status below.