Not long ago, Tecno Mobile launched Tecno L8 plus, an upgrade to previously released Tecno L8. This addition to its latest flagship smartphones got most users of Tecno L8 to wish they had waited for the release of Tecno L8 plus. After successfully getting the root procedure for Tecno Camon C8, how to root Tecno L8 plus running on Lollipop will be the focus of today’s article.
For the adventurous who desires tweaking their Android devices especially Tecno L8 plus users, here is TWRP recovery 184.108.40.206 for Tecno L8 plus. Before we proceed, check out how to root Android 5.1 & 6.0 with latest KingRoot which is a more easier process to root any device. If the click to root app failed, the you need to use flashing tools.
There a several reasons to root your smartphone that is why as always, we must remind you that rooting does come with some risks and you have to know reasons not to root your phone. Of course, i am not discouraging you but helping you make sure you know what you are doing. If you have considered both options and feel the need to root your Tecno L8, then proceed.
Root Tecno L8 Plus Running on Lollipop
Requirements to Root Tecno L8 Plus
- Mediatek VComm Drivers.
- Super SU
- TWRP ported for Tecno L8 Marshmallow
Installing Mediatek VCOM Driver
Mediatek Vcom drivers are very important for Android MTK devices as they gives support to installation of firmware, rooting, or flashing the files in MTK phones like MTK 6577 / 6575, MediaTek MTK6592 / MTK6753 android devices, e.g:- Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, etc
- Download it Mediatek VCOM Driver here
- Extract the downloaded vcom driver on your PC and follow this guide with pictures on how to install it.
You will need to download the required files to perform the rooting process. Thereafter, you can use your PC with SP flash tools to flash TWRP, then use same tool or the phones SDcard to flash SuperSU. Let’s proceed:
- Download SuperSU.zip and save it to your phone SD card (download it here)
- Download the ported TWRP for Tecno L8 plus Android 6.0 here (Credits: Hovatek via TechVillaz)
- Unzip the TWRP file and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP flash tool ( You can download SP Flash tool here)
Flash TWRP Using SP Flash Tool (requires PC)
Use SP Flash tool to flash both TWRP and SuperSU zip files. See the full guide here
Flash SuperSU Using SDcard (without PC)
After flashing only the TWRP zip file using PC, you may want to use your SDcard to flash SuperSU. This is the guide.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button for 5 seconds)
- In TWRP recovery, choose install zip from sdcard– to choose zip from sdcard use vol up and down scroll either up or down respectively. Then choose the SuperSU.zip file from the root of your sdcard.
Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.
- If TWRP offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
- Done. 😀
You are now rooted! To be fully sure your Tecno L8Plus is rooted, download root checker to verify your root status below.