Hello everyone, today we shall be looking at How to Use BataMint Proxy/VPN, Tweakware VPN version for PC with MTN BIS to browse ‘free‘ on Mac OS. The best part of Tweakware VPN is that it is currently working 100% on MTN BIS (BB 10 plans ONLY), ETISALAT and SPECTRANET 4G LTE.
What is BataMint Proxy/VPN
It is a tunneling software developed by CASTPORTS that can securely anonymize your internet activity by encrypting all your internet traffic. It can let you access websites and or contents/services that are restricted or blocked by your ISP. e.g Youtube, Hulu , Facebook, Twitter etc.
The mobile version and the PC (Windows/Mac OS) versions require you to upgrade your account to premium to enjoy fully access the internet.
You don’t need to put any host address or IP proxy on tweaking so let’s get started on how to use it with mtn bis.
How to set it up with MTN Bis on MAC OS
- Mobile Settings: Use your MTN default mobile internet settings.
- Subscribe for MTN BB 10 plan using
Daily: Dial *216*3*1# COST N70
Weekly Dial *216*3*2# COST N350
Monthly Dial *216*3*3# COST N1000
- Download Download the latest BetaMint software (BetaMint v1.9.2): HERE
- Download and install Tun Tap package for Mac OS HERE.
- Extract BetaMint to your desktop or any directory of your choosing.
- Launch BetaMint and fill in your account details.
- To register for an account, click HERE.
- On the BetaMint interface, tick the “connect” box beside the “OpenVPN Window” if you want to use the VPN connection.
- Connect your MTN Modem.
- Connect BetaMint and wait for it to get connected.
- If you chose to use the VPN by ticking the approprite check box then BetaMint will automatically establish a VPN connection.
- Once this is done, you can now configure your browsers|programs to not use any proxy.
- If you didn’t choose to use the VPN connection then you should configure your browsers|programs to use the proxy 127.0.0.1 and port 8080 (depending on the port you have on the BetaMint interface).
- Now you should be able to browse and download.
NB: it is recommended to use proxy with IDM | for downloads.
Troubleshoot (VPN connected but not browsing websites or No DNS):
In some cases your browser might be unable to visit any websites when connected to the VPN. The reason for this is a DNS issue – BetaMint automatically sets your Macs DNS servers to Google DNS. On some machines this can fail, resulting being unable to browse any websites.
To fix this, you just need to manually override your Mac’s DNS settings using the instruction below:
Go to: System Preference > Network > Airport (WiFi) or Ethernet (LAN) or (Modem / Dial up) Connection > Advanced.. > DNS >
below the DNS Servers click the + button > Add 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 > then click OK and Apply.
After that, please reconnect to the VPN and restart your browser, you should be able to browse the internet while connected to the VPN now.
How to set it up with MTN Bis on Windows PC
Follow this link HERE to get the details.
Account upgrades cost 500 per month (Premium).
Currently payments can be made in three ways: Perfect Money ($3) OR Bank Deposit OR Airtime (MTN)
For Perfect Money, Bank and Airtime payments use the link below:
Link (Perfect Money/Bank payment): Click HERE
After payment, send payment details in the following format:
BetaMint, bank name, amount, teller number, depositor name, registered username
to us by clicking HERE and await activation reply which takes less than 10 minutes.
ATTENTION: All queries, Q & A should be done on this site via the comment boxes, we only attend to UPGRADES request via BBM and WHATSAPP