In previous articles, we looked at how to root Infinix Hot 2 (Infinix X510) running on Android 5.1 Lollipop for those who just bought that device newly, how to fix bugs that came with the initial marshmallow OTA updates, how to root Infinix Hot 2 (Infinix X510) running on Android 6.0 (marshmallow) and how to install the more recent March Infinix HOT 2 marshmallow OTA via flashable zip using SP flash tool or right on your SD Card. Today, we will be looking at how to unroot and change the IMEI of Infinix HOT 2 X510 running on the latest Marshmallow built.
Before we proceed, you may like to know what rooting is by going through 11 reasons why we root Android devices, and 5 disadvantages of rooting your device. That said, when a new OTA update is released and your device is rooted, it is adviceable to unroot first before applying the update otherwise your device will be bricked. Though we already prepared a guide on how to quickly fix a bricked Android phone.[irp]
How do I unroot the Infinix Hot 2 X510 running on Marshmallow?
- Download the Infinix Hot 2 X510 February 2016 build Android Marshmallow ROMDump
- Install VCOM drivers on the PC using the guide here
- Flash only the recovery.img and system.img (Android) to the phone using SP flash tool using this guide here. (Do not interrupt flashing)
- Boot up the phone once flashing is complete
- If the phone gets stuck at boot animation during boot, take out the battery and slot it back in then leave the phone to boot up
- Install Root Checker to verify Unroot.
- You should see a message like in the image below.
Will I lose any data (like contacts) during the above rooting and unrooting procedures?
No you wont. The above techniques deal with only the recovery and system partitions, not the data partition. Only things placed or installed in /system will be removed. If you would like to backup (contacts, SMS, calendar etc) anyway then simply follow the guide on using Titanium Backup.
How do I Change IMEI of Infinix Hot 2 X510 running on Marshmallow?
The below tutorial will guide the Infinix Hot2 user on how to change the Imei of their X510 easily in order to Browse with Glo BIS or use Airtel BIS on Android. Peharps you simply want to fix or repair your IMEI, this method will work just fine. Also the rooting will make you enjoy your phone to the fullest. The guide also works for other stubborn MTK devices that are difficult to change it’s IMEI through MTK Engineering Mode.
- You must be rooted; See full guide here.
- Download Chamelephon.apk below:
- Proceed to full tutorial on how to use Chamelephon app to change Infinix Hot 2 IMEI here.
There will always be a time to root or unroot your Android device and whatever the case, guides to perform such operation is available. For now, let us know your reason why you want to unroot your Infinix HOT 2 X510 running Android 6.0 (marshmallow) and if successful in Changing the IMEI using the comment box below.