The highly anticipated 2016 Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards officially kicked off today, March 5 and it has been a night of glitz and glamour, a stylish red carpet looks like never before.
The 2016 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards ceremony was officially opened by Yemi Aladein and the red carpet was hosted by Eku Edewor, Denola Grey, Veronica Odeka, Ozzy Agu, Helen Paul and Uti Nwachukwu.
The show which was televised live on all Africa Magic channels has finally announced the winners at the 2016 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards.
– Stephanie Linus wins Best Overall Movie for Dry
– Akin Omotosho wins the award for Best Director
– Daniel K Daniel wins Best Actor in a Drama for A SOLDIER’S STORY
– Adesua Etomi wins Best Actress in a Drama for Falling
– Chinny Onwugbenu, Genevieve Nnaji, Chichi Nwoko win Best Movie – West African (Road to Yesterday)
– Elizabeth Michael wins Best Movie – East African
– Joyce Mhango Chavula wins Best Movie – Southern Africa
– Industry Merit Award goes to Bukky Ajayi & Sadiq Daba
– Trailblazer award goes to Kemi Lala Akindoju. She goes home with the SUV
– Funke Akindele wins Best Actress in a Comedy (Jenifa’s Diary)
– Best Actor in a Comedy (Jenifa’s Diary) goes to Folarin Falana
– Paul Michaelson wins Best Cinematographer award
– Best Supporting Actress – Tunbosun Aiyedehin for Before 30
– Best Supporting Actor – A Soldier’s Story – Sambassa Nzeribe
– Remi Vaughan-Richards wins the Best Documentary
– Best Indigenous Language Movie/TV Series – Usekwu Igbo – Paul Igwe
– Best Indigenous Language Movie (Yoruba) – Binta Ofege goes to Abiodun Jimoh and Jumoke Odetola
– Salisu Balarabe wins the AMVCA 2016 for Best Local Language – Hausa
– Best Indigenous Language Series or Movie (Swahili) – Kitendawili – Josephat Lukaza
– Uche Nancy wins Best Costume Designer for ‘Dry’
– Shirley Frimpong-Manso wins the Best Picture Editor award
-Paul Michaelson wins Best Cinematographer
– Stanlee Ohikhuare wins the AMVCA 2016 in the category of Best Lighting!
– Trish Malone wins the award for Best Drama Writer!
– Best Short Film or Online Video: Oluseyi Amuwa
– Louiza Calore wins Best Make-Up for her work on “Ayanda”
– The Best Television Series goes to: Ariyike Oladipo
-The first winner for tonight is FRANK RAJA ARASE, for Best Art Director
Do you think these winners deserve the 2016 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards?