ZTE has announced its V3 (mighty) series of smartphones – V3 Youth, V3 Energy and V3 Extreme in China. These smartphones have a 5.5-inch 1080p display, are powered by a an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 SoC and run on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with nubia UI 3.0. These have 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 88-degree wide-angle lens with NeoVision 5.0 Camera UI.
These have a fingerprint sensor on the back, aircraft-grade aluminum alloy body and are just 8.55mm thick. These have DTS sound and a dedicated AW8155A audio chip.
ZTE V3 series specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with 550 MHz Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with nubia UI 3.0
- Hybrid Dual (micro + nano) SIM, nano SIM slot can also be used as microSD
- Dimension: : 155.3 x 77.2 x 8.55mm; Weight: 160g
- 13MP camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Largan 5p lenses
- 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5670 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/aGPS
- 3000mAh battery
The ZTE V3 Youth edition with dual 4G LTE support is priced at 999 Yuan (US$ 160 approx.), V3 Energy with full network support costs 1299 Yuan (US$ 210 approx.) and the V3 Extreme with additional accessories is priced at 1499 Yuan (US$ 240 approx.). These smartphones are not available for pre-order in China and goes on sale next month.